Visiting Our Center
Welcome back! We are excited to have you return to visit your loved ones. In order to implement this limited visitation, we must adhere to strict New York Department of Health guidance. Please note, all visits will be outdoors, weather permitting. We will hold visits inside during inclement weather. Here is what you can expect:
- Visitors must present a negative COVID-19 test result from a test taken within the last 7 days. Facility will deny visitation if visitor fails to provide the negative test result. Visitors visiting residents at end of life are exempt from having to provide such test result.
- Visitors are screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to resident access and visitation will be refused if the individual(s) exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms or do not pass the screening questions.
- Screening shall consist of both temperature checks and asking screening questions to assess potential exposure to COVID-19 which shall include questions regarding international travel or travel to other states designated under the Commissioner’s travel advisory.
- Visitors will be required to provide contact information, including first and last name, street address, daytime and evening phone number, email address if available.
- No more than 10 percent (10%) of the residents shall have visitors at any one time and only two visitors will be allowed per resident at any one time.
- Visitation is strictly prohibited in resident rooms unless visitor is visiting resident at end of life.
- Subject to further guidance or directives from the Department of Health, visitors under the age of 18 are allowed when accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Visitors must wear a face mask or face covering which covers both the nose and mouth at all times when on the premises of the NH/ACF’s.
- Visitors must maintain social distancing (at least six feet) at all times.
- Facilities will provide alcohol-based hand rub, consisting of at least 60 percent (60%) alcohol. Rub hands together using friction.
- Visitation hours are by appointment only, from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., seven days a week. Visitors must schedule visits at least 24 hours in advance by contacting Rose Ann Pernice at 516-826-1160. Visitors should arrive 15 minutes early for visits in order to be screened. A copy of the formal visitation plan is posted below and broadcasted via email.
- The staff is required to monitor the visitation process. If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, he/she/they will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
To learn more about New York’s Visitation Policy, click here.
Stay connected with your loved ones through virtual visits. Virtual visits can be arranged by contacting our Center directly.